I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Review: Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte (several different products)

While in Paris recently I stayed at the lovely Hotel La Bourdonnais, which I highly recommend by the way, because unlike most hotels, they do not give you just any old soap, they actually give you complimentary Hermes products!
I love anything Hermes so I was thrilled by this discovery, and even more so when I noticed that it meant that I would get to try a new Hermes scent I was not previously familiar with.
The scent happened to be Eau D'Orange Verte and I like it... but don't love it. I am by no means supergirly (not that there is anything wrong with that!) but I do feel that this scent is a tad bit too masculine. It is supposed to be a unisex scent, but I really don't think it is. And I am all for the idea of unisex scents, I just don't think this one works all that well.

The scent is lovely for a guy, though, at least if you like citrus (I do! And so does my husband), as I think it is one of the better orange colognes I have ever smelled.

But as for the staying power... I am not all that impressed by that either. I have noticed the same thing with other Hermes scents, however, so maybe they do not intend for their scents to linger very long? Who knows?

All in all, it was a nice experience to get to try another Hermes scent, but sadly, this is not one I will be buying for myself. But maybe for the husband?

(I tried the eau the cologne, the shower gel and the body lotion - all pictured - as well as the shampoo - not pictured - from the range)

No comments:

Post a Comment