I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review: La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream

I have been interested in trying out La Mer products for quite some time, but as their products are generally intended for those with very dry skin, which I do not have, I never got around to trying any of their products until pretty recently, when a La Mer sales lady in Hong Kong, where I visited recently, explained to me that there are some La Mer products suitable for those with combination skin and even oily skin as well. She recommended the La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream and even though it cost way more than what I usually pay for moisturizer, I decided to take her advice and try it out.
And already the first time I tried the cream, I was very happy I did!
The gel cream is very light, which I like, as very thick creams are always less appealing to me, it feels very nice to the touch indeed and it has a lovely scent (I believe that is the classic La Mer scent I have heard others raving about in the past) as well.

The cream also makes my skin silky smooth each time I apply it, which I love! I have been known to just feel my face after applying it, just to enjoy the feel, and this rarely (or actually: never!) happens with other products, let me tell you!
It also did not cause any breakouts, which is always a concern for me, as I do have combination skin like I said, and I am very pleased with the fact that you only have to use a very small amount each time, so while there is no denying that this cream is expensive, I do not believe I will need to restock any time soon.

I have only been using the cream for a bit over a week daily so it is too soon to say if it will actually make me look way younger like many claim, but the experience has certainly been good enough for me to say that I cannot wait to try more La Mer products!

No comments:

Post a Comment