I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Review: Lancome Genifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye Cream

Out of all the Lancome products I currently have in my house, mentioned in my previous post, the first one I started using was the eye cream, which is not that surprising, because I have been using a lot of eye cream this winter, like I already mentioned in another recent post, the one about the Decleor eye cream, so I was curious to see how Lancome's would measure up.

And the answer is: the Lancome Genifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye Cream is okay, but not amazing. Here's why:

First of all, I know a lot of people probably love creams in jars. But I don't. They just feel less hygienic to me than tubes, somehow.

The packaging is nice, although not super unique or anything.

The texture is nice and light, making the Genifique Yeux a pleasant cream to apply.
The cream moisturizes decently, making the area around my eyes look less dry, but it does not really battle wrinkles and lines very seriously. So if you really have stuff to get rid of, so to speak, and you are looking for an eye cream to help you do that, this eye cream might not be for you. If you just need a little bit of moisture, this cream will give you that, I think.

This is why  I would actually say that this eye cream suits young people best, because they probably just want to add some moisture, without really having much else to worry about. However, I do not think they are the target audience for the Lancome Genifique Yeux Youth Activating Eye Cream, at least not based on the name the cream was given, so I think it is probably a bit less useful than some other eye creams out there for the 30 + set.

The price was okay when I bought this eye cream though, because 1. it was on offer and 2. they gave me a second full sized one for free, so I cannot complain about that, but had I bought this eye cream for the price you usually pay for it, I might have had a small complaint about that as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment