I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: L'Occitane Verbena Shampoo

I mentioned in a previous post that I had gotten some L'Occitane products from my husband recently. One of those products was a couple of small bottles of their Verbena Shampoo. I had very high hopes for the whole L'Occitane Verbena range, since a friend of mine absolutely loves it, but I hadn't tried any "pure" Verbena products by L'Occitane before, although I have been obsessed with their Citrus Verbena range for quite some time.
And to some extent, my hopes were fulfilled. The L'Occitane Verbena shampoo has a very fresh, typical L'Occitane scent, and the texture of it is nice. You also don't need to use a lot of it to wash your hair, which is nice. I must say that I personally prefer the scent of the Citrus Verbena range, so if the L'Occitane Citrus Verbena shampoo is similar to this one, I definitely think I would love that too. But what scent you prefer is of course a matter of taste, my friend for instance does not like the Citrus Verbena scent at all, yet loves this one. So if anyone is wondering which of the two ranges to get, my advice would be to try to get a whiff of both scents, and then choose purely based on your own taste.
 I wouldn't say that it did any wonders for my hair, but it did clean it well, and I should also add that this is supposed to be a daily use shampoo, and those are seldom super effective in any way, and this shampoo is no exception to that rule.
I do have one complaint about the bottle itself though. Even though it is very pretty, it is crazy hard to get product out of it! I don't know if this is an issue only with the smaller bottles, since I haven't tried the full size bottles yet, but with the small ones, this is really an issue. The problem is in fact so bad that I probably would not buy a full size bottle for that reason alone, even though I really did like the shampoo otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment