I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Substiane Eyes

La Roche-Posay is a brand that I discovered only quite recently (read some of my first impressions of the brand here and here), but since I do like it, I wanted to try some more products by this brand. So since I needed a new eye cream when I went to Paris anyway, I decided to stop by a local pharmacy and pick up a La Roche-Posay one. They only had one called Substiane Eyes, so I have been giving that a try for some time now.
I have to admit that the first time I tried this cream, it gave me a bit of a stinging sensation, which was a bit worrying. But I had not been using any eye cream for quite some time (at least for several weeks) before that, and I remembered that this is something that had happened to me in the past as well, when I started using eye cream after not having used it for a while, so I decided to try it again, and then there was no stinging sensation! So I guess that was just something very temporary, because now I have no side effects when using this cream at all, but I still want to mention it, in case anyone reading this has very sensitive eyes and is considering getting this eye cream. It might sting for you too, after all.
Other than that first small glitch, I find this eye cream to be really good, though. The texture is lovely, thick, but not too thick, if you get what I mean, and it also absorbs very fast, which is a main issue that I often have with other eye creams.
The scent is nothing special, though, this cream feels very clinical, like a lot of other La Roche-Posay, and while I might have preferred this product with a really cool scent or packaging, the very basic scent and packaging does not bother me, and since I really like what this cream does to the skin around my eyes, I totally think I would get it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment