I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: Lee Stafford Poker Straight Shampoo

I've been trying out a lot of hair products lately, as you might have noticed if you've been reading the blog for a while. I've actually had the Lee Stafford Poker Straight set, consisting of a shampoo and a conditioner for quite some time, but I really did not like these products, which made it hard for me to use them often enough to be able to review them. I do think you need to use products you review more than once before you can give a verdict on them, and after I tried the Lee Stafford Poker Straight Shampoo for the first time, I was so disappointed, I really didn't want to use it again!

Why was I so disappointed then?
First of all, I absolutely hated the scent of this shampoo. As you may know, if you've been reading this blog for a while, I like girly scents (which is why I am a big fan of Soap & Glory, for instance, I suppose) and this shampoo really smells like a man's Eau de Cologne, and not even a nice one.
Second of all, the bottle is really bad. It's hard and impossible to press, which makes it really hard to get anything out of the bottle, even when the product is brand new and full. So I can only imagine how hard it will be when there's just a bit left.

I also didn't think that the shampoo did much for my hair. In all fairness, I should add that the bottle itself says that you should use a whole range of the Lee Stafford Poker Straight products, and not just the shampoo and conditioner, but I personally do not have the time to use 4 or 5 different products on a regular basis, so I just used these 2 products, which might mean that they didn't live up to their whole potential. If I would have actually been using the whole range, maybe I would have seen the point, but as it is now, I think the shampoo was really bad, it made my hair smell quite horrible (the scent is quite strong too), but didn't seem to clean it well. And as for making the hair straighter... I really didn't see any difference at all.
So this shampoo really didn't have any redeeming qualities at all for me, which was surprising, since I did do some research on this before buying these products, and a lot of people seem really pleased with both the shampoo and the conditioner. But I really think using the whole range might make a huge difference.

But I will not be buying this shampoo again, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment