I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review: Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

As I mentioned in my previous post that I posted when I got the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System, I have been wanting a Clarisonic for a really, really long time. But since I was not completely sure that the Clarisonic would work for me (there are some conflicting reviews about the Clarisonic systems out there, after all), I didn't really want to gamble and pay the rather high price you have to be willing to cough up if you want to get one, without trying something similar first. So I read reviews, tons and tons of them, on similar systems and gadgets, and out of all the available products, the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System seemed like the best one. It was reasonably priced, had mostly good reviews, and was especially recommended by people who had the same skin type as me. So I decided to order one on Ebay to see what it was like.

Now, because of the good reviews I had seen about both the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System and the Clarisonics, my expectations were rather high. I thought the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System would immediately improve my skin by a lot. I must say, that didn't happen, which made me slightly disappointed. I also didn't break out and have a phase where my skin had to get used to the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System, like I had read had happened to some Clarisonic users (apparently it's quite common that the new deep cleaning causes breakouts while your skin adjusts to it), so I assumed the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System was a lot less effective than a Clarisonic.
But the system was easy and comfortable to use. It's water resistant, so you can use it in the shower too. I haven't done that though, since I prefer to clean my face before hopping into the shower, but according to the manufacturer you should not have any problems if you decide to do so. You can choose between 2 different speeds, and the brush (which you can replace if you want, from time to time) does not hurt or irritate your skin in any way, which is really nice. I had somehow expected that you might experience some discomfort when you start using a system like this, but that was not true at all.

I assume you can use the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System with any cleanser you want, I used it with the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean cleansing milk, since it is one of my favorite cleansers at the moment, but the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System actually comes with a cleanser too, one I am yet to try though, since I am not sure it will suit my skin, and I'd rather not experiment too much, since it has taken me ages to find cleansers that actually work for me (the Peaches and Clean one being one of them), so I am enjoying my clear and improved skin at the moment.

Something that might be mentioning if you are considering getting the Olay system as a Clarisonic alternative is that the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System is smaller and lighter than all the Clarisonic systems, so if you are looking for something less bulky and easier to travel with, this could be a good alternative for you.

Not having tried the actual Clarisonic systems, it is of course hard for me to compare the two, but I would definitely say this system does what it says it will. It does clean your skin, in a gentle way, and takes off both make up and dirt in a very effective way. That said, however, I don't think that it improved my skin a lot. I would rather say that finding the right skin care products and cleansers for me (mainly the Soap and Glory ones, many of them reviewed here too) was more crucial. But the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System certainly does no harm either. I just don't think that it was the main reason my skin cleared up lately, since that process started before I even got it, when I got the right products!

But if you are looking for something to clean your skin better than just your hands, this is definitely worth getting. A lot of people claim it really helped them with serious cases of acne as well, something that was not a problem for me, so if you suffer from really bad breakouts, this is supposed to be one of the best gadgets to get.

So while I remain happy with my Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System, but not incredibly impressed, I would suggest that anyone who is interested in getting this looks for some other reviews as well. There are tons of really good ones out there, that will make it easier for you to decide if the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System could be for you or not!

While it didn't do any wonders for me, I am still happy I got it, since it kind of cured my Clarisonic obsession too. I now think that the Clarisonic might not be as vital for me as good skin care. It's quite possible to have good skin without these gadgets too!

No comments:

Post a Comment