I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Jemma Kidd Signature Shadows

A while ago, ASOS, one of my favorite online stores, had a sale on a lot of items, including beauty items, so I got some nice stuff, including this palette of Jemma Kidd Signature Shadows, because I was looking for a palette with some natural shades anyway. I actually don't remember how much I paid for this anymore, but it wasn't a lot, let's just put it like that.

This was my first time trying anything from the Jemma Kidd line, and while the colors were just what I was looking for, I must say the palette is nothing out of the ordinary otherwise. The packaging is not very impressive, and after hearing that Jemma Kidd is actually considered a bit of a high end line by some, I must say I think the packaging doesn't reflect that at all. So that could definitely be improved.
And while the shadows look nice on, they are very understated, so this is not a brand I would recommend for anyone who wants their eye makeup to be very noticeable. I do kind of like the natural look, so this was not really a problem for me, but since I mostly use MAC eye shadows otherwise, I wasn't very impressed by the lasting power, and they do crease. I guess that is to be expected with such a big price difference, but if you think the Jemma Kidd Signature Shadows palette would be a MAC dupe in any way, you might be disappointed by these, so I still think this is worth mentioning.

So I would say this palette is a great every day palette for those who like a natural look, but if you are looking for something other than that, or have high demands for eye shadows like me (using MAC does spoil you in a way, I guess), there are other brands that do this better.

But it was still definitely fun to try the Jemma Kidd line, and for the great price I paid for these, I wasn't sorry I got this palette at all. That said though, I probably would not get this again.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I've actually never tried Jemma Kidd before. I see the line at Target often and feel like it is a high price to pay for a drugstore item. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete