I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

What's in my shower

I love reading other people's What's in my shower-posts, and since it's only fair to do to others what you wish they did to you, I thought I would finally take the time to write a What's in my shower-post of my own.

As you may figure out when looking at the photos below, I have a jacuzzi at home, which is very nice, but I actually use it way less than you might think. I have just always been a person who prefers quick showers over long baths, but it is nice to have to opportunity to unwind in a hot bubble bath after a long day if you want. This jacuzzi even has a lot of really cool effects, like massage stuff, lights and so on, so it's really wonderful if I do decide to relax in it a bit.

Here is an older picture of the jacuzzi, previously posted in my other blog, with some water (and way less products around it! I think I had just moved in when this photo was taken?) in it:
But let's see what's there now, shall we? (my apologies for the dirt between some of the tiles, by the way, it didn't occur to me that I might want to clean before taking photos of my bathroom, and now the photos have already been taken, so... call it a very genuine experience, I guess)

As you can see, I have products on both sides of the jacuzzi now, and I also keep a loofah glove and the Bliss FatGirl Slimulator (reviewed here) in one of the corners (the one you see at the bottom right in the first picture), even though I must say I am pretty lazy when it comes to actually using them.
On the left from this side, I keep shampoos, conditioners and hair masks, and I must admit I don't usually have a lot of them, I tend to have 2 different kinds that I alternate between normally, but like I mentioned in some previous posts, I am currently looking for some really good hair products, so I have more hair care products than I normally would in the shower at the moment.
If I'll go through them one by one, we have:
- A random vanilla scented liquid soap, that seems to have been misplaced (probably by my husband), and is now among the hair care stuff (embarrassing, but hey, I said I didn't prep my bathroom for these photos, right? Here's the proof!)
- Shampoo and conditioner from famous Israeli hair dresser Shuki Zikri's hair care line (I'm not very impressed by it, but I tend to favor shampoos and conditioners that are not tested on animals, and when I was shopping for shampoo and conditioner recently, this was the only non-animal tested brand available, so I kind of had to get it. If you'd like to try it, I see it's available over at Amazon and Rockland Cosmetics, for instance). These are the red bottles.
- Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner. I still haven't tried these, since I got them pretty recently.
- Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner (I've started using these, love the shampoo so far, but not the conditioner as much)
and
- Anatomicals shampoo and conditioner (two of them, since I have very thick hair, I use way more conditioner than shampoo)

And the rest of the hair care products are:
- A hair mask from Israeli brand Wow Cosmetics, which is actually a brand I like for quite a few things. It's inexpensive and the products work well. I don't think this brand is available outside Israel though. But if you ever should visit, their products are indeed worth checking out!
- Moroccan Oil hair mask. Still haven't tried this, so I have no idea what it's like.
- An oil intense conditioner from Israeli brand Hawaii. This is a really basic brand, that you'll find for sale in supermarkets, pharmacies and such places in Israel, and while I am not a fan of most of their products, this conditioner is pretty nice, so I get it from time to time. Perfect for very dry hair!
I see Israeli products has some Hawaii shampoos and conditioners for sale, by the way, but they really aren't that special, so unless you have a weird obsession for exotic shampoos and conditioners, I wouldn't really recommend going through the trouble of getting them especially.
- Some small Fekkai Advance shampoo and conditioner bottles (reviewed here and here). I don't think I have much left of these, but since I liked them, I will use them up before throwing them away.

Now, let's move on to the other side, the right side, where I keep body scrubs, shower gels etc. This collection is usually much bigger than the collection of hair stuff on the other side, but I think I recently ran out of several products, so it's a bit emptier than it usually is. When it comes to scrubs, shower gels and soaps, I like a variety, you see. So usually I make sure to stock up here!
Let's go through the products one by one:
- I see have some Clean on Me body wash from Soap and Glory left. (reviewed here, I love this!)
- I also haven't run out of the Bliss Blood orange + white pepper sugar scrub (reviewed here). But that's mostly because I am not so fond of it, or excited about it, so I rarely use it. But on the other hand, it's an okay product, so I will definitely not throw it out either.
- I also have both my Laline Minnie Mouse body scrub (reviewed here) and shower gel (reviewed here), for exactly the same reason. I just like the products that much, so I haven't used them up, but I am planning to, so they're still hanging around in my bathroom.
- I am also on my third or fourth jar of FatGirl Scrub, my favorite body scrub of all time! So I make sure I always have a jar of this around.
- A Dove shower gel with a cucumber and green tea scent. Pretty nice!
- A foot scrub that actually works wonders when you want to keep your feet soft and nice between pedicures and a salt body scrub, from Wow Cosmetics (again).
- A Victoria's Secret Love Spell shower gel. Love Spell is my favorite Victoria's Secret scent, and I have the body mists and perfumes as well, so I use this shower gel when I know I will be using the Love Spell body mists or perfume afterwards.
- Johnson's baby oil. My beautician recommends using this after a bikini wax, so I do.

- The Peaches and Clean face wash from Soap and Glory (love this! Read why here). I use a lot of different face washes at the moment, but I keep most of them in a cupboard I have in the bathroom, so only one of them is placed on the side of the jacuzzi, for easy access when showering.
- A Chrome Azzaro soap. I think this is actually a soap I picked up while travelling, at a hotel (don't judge!) that had Azzaro toiletries. I think I have tried this soap already, but I don't remember what I thought of it. But some soap is always good to have, even though I prefer shower gels normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment