I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Vanil Patchouli Lavender Hand Cream

Before I start telling you what I thought of the The Body Shop Vanil Patchouli Lavender Hand Cream I tried recently (after having it for a while, I got it as a present quite some time ago), I have to admit I am extremely demanding when it comes to hand creams. I basically look for a hand cream that absorbs really fast, since I hate the feeling of having to sit around for a long time before it sinks in. So lately, I have mostly been using the amazing Bliss Glamour Gloves, but since my hands got really, really dry a while ago, I felt I needed something more for a while, so I decided to get this cream out.

I should also add that I am normally quite the fan of The Body Shop, since I love their values and the fact that they don't test their products on animals. In fact, I used to wear only The Body Shop make up for years, and I still adore a lot of their products.
But sadly, the Vanil Patchouli Lavender Hand Cream was quite the dissapointment. The scent is actually not that bad, even though it is not quite my taste, probably because I am not a big fan of patchouli, it's just too heavy of a scent for me, I guess. But if you like the combination of vanilla, patchouli and lavender, you will probably like this scent a lot.
But the hand cream is really, really thick, which means it takes a really long time for it to sink in, which bothered me, and even after the hand cream sank in, it leaves a kind of greasy, unpleasant feeling on your hands.

So nope, I won't be repurchasing this hand cream, but if you are into really thick hand creams (not that I understand at all why anyone would be), this is probably a good choice for you. But I really can't find much good to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment