I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Looking for the perfect eye cream, part 1: Boots Eye cream review

I will admit it. I don't like wrinkles around my eyes. But then again, who does, right? But I have found that good eye creams really help when it comes to keeping wrinkles and lines at bay, so I am currently looking for the best eye cream for me. Now, in order for you readers to understand what it is that I need, I should add that I do not have any issues with dark circles around or under my eyes, which I know is a common concern for some, so I am only looking for an eye cream that moisturizes the skin around my eyes, and evens out any existing wrinkles (not that many, so far, I am happy to say, but still, there are some) and prevents new ones from forming.

This is why I recently bought several new eye creams, and I will be reviewing them one by one, in my search for the best eye cream that I can. First up: a cheap, basic eye cream, by Boots. (I also got the Boots no 7 eye cream at the same time, but this is not a review of that, that will come later, instead, this review is for the regular Boots eye cream)
I think this eye cream is good for someone who is looking for a budget buy, since it does moisturize, but for me, it was a bit heavy, since I could see clear traces of it in the morning (I tend to apply eye cream at night, before I go to bed), which is something that I don't like, since that means I have to start the day by washing around my eyes, and I firmly believe that touching the skin around your eyes less is good, since the skin around your eyes is so thin, so I prefer not to mess with it when I don't have to.

But the Boots eye cream does it's job, and I assume it's a great choice for anyone with very dry skin around your eyes, it just didn't work for me, since I prefer lighter eye creams. But still, I would recommend this to those with need for something heavier around the eyes. Maybe it's partly an age issue too?

No comments:

Post a Comment