I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer


Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am trying out several Clean and Clear products at the moment, and one of them was a Clean and Clear moisturizer called Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. This moisturizer is said to both give your skin moisture, and fight acne and breakouts at the same time, and since I have rather oily skin, and suffer from breakouts from time to time, I thought it could be worth a try, since I wanted to try a whole line of Clean and Clear products at the same time anyway.

I have to say I like the texture of this moisturizer, it is rather light and is absorbed into your skin rather quickly, which is always a plus for me, but the big con about the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer for me is that the moisture you get doesn't seem to last for very long. I mean, I am used to moisturizers that you apply once, and then your skin feels like it has moisture for several hours. The Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer just doesn't do that for me, after around half an hour after application, my skin felt rather dry again, which I didn't like. So I found myself using this moisturizer more often than I normally do with other brands.
On the plus side, however, this moisturizer definitely does not leave your skin looking or feeling greasy, like some moisturizers do, and it is completely oil free, so it should not clog your pores either. And the good thing is that you actually feel the active ingredients in this working when you apply it, so it must do some good.

To be fair, I think this Clean and Clear moisturizer might not have been the right choice for my skin type, since I do not suffer from severe acne, and this is actually meant for Clean and Clear acne treatment, so it could be that this moisturizer was simply too strong for me. I was also not really able to see if the stuff against severe acne that this moisturizer is supposed to contain worked either, so I guess I would recommend others who have acne prone skin, and not simply oily skin that suffers from breakouts from time to time, to try this Clean and Clear moisturizer. I think it could be a good fit for that kind of skin type, but I do feel this was slightly too strong for my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment